All communications regarding shipping operations must be carried out through Whangarei Harbour Radio which is manned 24 hours. Pilotage is available on a 24hr / 7 day per week basis for normal operations subject to notice being given as follows through Whangarei Harbour Radio.
VHF Channel 16 and 19 Phone – 09 –4325018
Mob - 027 684 1446
Fax - 09 - 4328698
Email - email@example.com
Notification of vessel’s arrival
Ships agents must notify Northport of a ship’s impending arrival to Harbour Radio/Security as follows:
- 14 - 7 days in advance - Pre-arrival notification
- 7 days in advance - Pre-arrival form
- 48 hours in advance - Pre-arrival form
- 24 hours in advance - Confirm ETA
- 12 hours in advance - Update ETA and supply cargo information
- 4 hours in advance - Vessel to confirm ETA. Agent to confirm pilot order
- 2 hours in advance - Ship to contact Harbour Radio
Ordering Tugs and Pilots
- ETA’s should be given with as much notice as possible but at least 24 hours in advance of arrival at the pilot boarding ground.
- Confirmation of pilot times must be made no later than 4 hours before arrival or departure.
- At time of berthing agents must give an Estimated Time of Departure (ETD).
- ETD’s should be updated regularly throughout the vessel’s stay.
- Updated Estimated Time of Arrivals (ETA) and ETD’s must be given by 1600 hrs each day.
- Amendments to or cancellations of a movement will be accepted up to 4 hours before pilot time with no penalty.
- The ship’s agent is the only person who can schedule or make changes to a pilot time.
PILOT BOARDING TIMES
Marsden Point Cargo Terminal Berths - MP 1, 2 and 3
|Displacement; or||Draft; or||Length||Pilot Boarding|
|<45000 tonnes||<11.8m||<200m||Berth or depart at any time|
|>45000 tonnes||>11.8m||>180m||Restricted to an appropriate tidal window, due to weather, DUKC and other ships berthed at cargo terminal|
|>45000 tonnes||>11.8m- <13m||>200m||Berth on Ebb tide only, 1hr before HW to 1hr before LW, pilot assessment on the day|
| All Vessels||Greater than 13.0m||Any length||Movements restricted to 1hr before slack water only|
|All vessels requiring to berth starboard side to||Any length||1hr before LW to 1hr after HW|
* > =Greater than and < = Less than
Note 1: All movements subject to tide and DUKC calculation as required
Note 2: Tankers have priority over cargo ships for movements
Note 3: For a port side to berthing, pilot boarding may be extended to 1/2 hr before LW (pilot's discretion)
Note 4: These times and criteria may be altered subject to pilot's requirements, tidal variations and weather condition.
North Tugz is the contracted supplier of tugs and craft to assist in shipping operations
|Bream Bay||Takahiwai||Kemp||Hobson/Marsden||Jack Guy|
|Type||Ulstein ASD Tug||Ulstein ASD Tug||
|Manning||2 Crew||2 Crew||2 Crew||2 Crew||2 Crew|
|Date of Build||2007||2000||1992||1976/1963||2000|
|Tot. Eng. Pwr||4180kW||3300kW||744kW||230kW||410kW|
|No. of Passengers||12||7||6||5||3|
Note: All craft operate out of Marsden Point