- Northport is a gearless port and vessels should have their own cargo handling gear.
- Mobile cranes may be hired. Northport must be advised of mobile crane configurations.
- Forklifts, loaders and hoppers are readily available.
- There are 8 reefer container points at the midpoint of No.1 and 2 berths and 8 reefer points at No.3 berth.
- There is hardstand area adjacent to all wharves for the pre-assembly of cargoes.
- A 5000m2 Dry Goods Store is available for transit storage of cargo.
- Outside the port boundary there are storage sheds for bulk (5000m2)/dry goods (7000m2) cargoes.